What do you think is the best approach to weight loss? Most would say it's working out and healthy eating. However, did you know that this may not be enough to get you results? Even if you do these things you can still make very costly mistakes. As a matter of fact, there are five serious errors that will derail your dreams of weight loss.
1. Using ineffective exercises - Some exercises are superior to others when it comes to weight loss. This is because certain exercises will burn up lots of calories, while others will not. Of course, you want to do the ones that burn up lots of calories. Therefore, your workout routine should consist of exercises that involve lots of muscle mass as this is a key to calorie expenditure. Squats, pullups, chest presses, and pushups are just a few quality choices. There are many more to choose from, these are only a few examples.
2. Never increasing the intensity of your workout - The first time you perform a workout it may really whip you. However, as time goes on, you will notice that it becomes much easier. While you should be proud of the fact that you are getting better, you should also be concerned about the decreased challenge of your workout. If you fail make your workouts tougher, you burn fewer calories over time. Keep a journal containing your weight used, number of reps, number of sets, and rest time between sets. A vital part of your workout routine should be to step up the difficulty in at least on of these areas. This approach really helps support weight loss because your body is always being pushed to work harder than the last time.
3. Executing cardio the wrong way - There are some fitness experts teaching that cardio is worthless. This is false. Cardio will serve you well for weight loss when done correctly. Instead of working at a moderate pace for 60-90 minutes, work as hard as you possibly can for 30-35 minutes. Every now and then you will have to stop and catch your breath, if you are doing it correctly. Use exercises that require power or speed. A few options to consider for your workout routine are jumprope, sprinting, and speed swimming. This technique does a much better job of boosting your metabolism, leading to more calories expended throughout the day.
4. Not burning off more than you consume - You must burn more calories than you take in (calorie deficit) if you want to achieve weight loss. Surprisingly, lots of people completely overlook this critical point. No workout routine can overpower this rule. When you achieve a calorie deficit your body can now begin to use up it's fat reserves. This is the best kind of weight loss. In general, men should consume between 2200-2600 calories daily to lose weight. Women should consume between 1400-1700 per day. Be aware that you may be outside of this range, this is just a general baseline.
5. Not eating frequently enough - The best form of weight loss is fat loss. Fat is really what makes people unhappy with their body's appearance. In order to accomplish this you must feed your muscle. Muscle is going to make your metabolism work at a high rate, and help your body to consume its fat stores. You have to eat every three hours to make this happen. Your meals should total 5-6 per day. If you don't follow this practice, your body will begin to breakdown its own muscle. This can have a devastating effect on your metabolism making weight loss difficult.
You've been shown the mistakes as well as how to avoid them. You can now put together a solid workout routine and nutrition plan. If you stay consistent and don't give up, weight loss success can be yours. Never allow your health and fitness to become a minor concern. Always train hard, train smart, and stay positive.